Gas Certificate

Landlord responsibilities

Landlord has a duty under the Gas Safety Regulations 1998 to arrange maintenance by a Gas Safe Registered engineer for all pipework, appliances and flues, which you own and have provided for your tenants use.

It is landlords duty to arrange an annual gas safety check to be carried every 12 months by CORGI registered gas enineer.

Landlord must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.

Who can issue gas certificate

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations state that landlords must only use a Gas Safe Registered engineer for maintenance and safety checks on gas equipment they own and provide for tenants use in domestic premises.

If I use managing agent

If a managing agent is used to help you meet your duties, make sure that the management contract clearly specifies who is to make the arrangements for maintenance and safety checks At Letting Agency we carry out regular gas certificate for all managed properties.

How much will a landlord’s gas safety check cost?

At Letting Agency we charge £60.00 to arrange a gas certificate from CORGI registered gas engineer.

Call now on 0208 509 2425 or click here to arrange the free property valuation of your property.